November 1st is celebrated around the world as All Saints Day. As we all come out of our Halloween candy comas, I want to give you a couple facts about today.
Ok, here goes:
- All Saints’ Day is a public holiday in Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Chile, Croatia, France, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and in some parts of Switzerland and Germany.
- All Saints’ Day is not a nationwide public holiday in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., or Australia, but it is still observed by many Christians in these countries.
- All Saints’ Day in Mexico falls on the same day as the beginning of the Day of the Dead, which honors infants and children who have died.
- On All Saints’ Day Portuguese children go door to door receiving gifts of sweets, candies, nuts, and cakes, similar to Halloween.
- Shakespeare referred to All Saints’ Day as Hallowmas.
What does this ultimately mean? Well, just that we as a global community really take our afterlife seriously. Always a good thing to think about where we are going, but it is equally as crucial to remember where we have been.
These holidays make me reflect deeply on where we have been. The Shield of Destiny is a reinventing of who we are as writers, as storytellers, as creators and artists. We believe in the story and the characters of Tarune. To reach everyone in a clearer, better way, we have worked diligently to create a brand that could be easily accessible for all people. Thus, we have brought a new face to the stories we love. The name may be different, but the magic is still the same. The traditions and ceremonies that we have brought to life in the world of Tarune still exist. In fact, they are stronger than ever.
That is the great thing about our holidays and traditions; we stand on ceremony to remind us of those people who came before us. We take these traditions and use them to form our emotional framework for the future.
So, whether you believe in the saints of today, or in the spooks and spirits of last night, I hope you can manage your sugar hangover well.
Now, here’s your quote of the day:
We write because we believe the human spirit cannot be tamed and should not be trained.
What did you think? This is your community. Share with us and don’t forget to LIKE us on Facebook!